IBM® UniVerse® is an extended relational data server optimized for embedding in vertical applications.
IBM UniVerse offers a nested relational (MultiValue) data model which means intuitive data modeling and fewer resulting tables. UniVerse V10.3 adds powerful development capabilities to the solid extended relational database.
- Includes the IBM UniData and UniVerse Basic Developer Toolkit (BDT), a modern, integrated development and debugging tool for Basic Developers. Based on Eclipse, it provides multiple views to the information you need to build applications quickly. All of the resources you need are there, including a code editor, dictionary editor and an integrated debugger. Includes an embedded development language for creating server-side business logic.
- Developers can build in security with Automatic Data Encryption, for encrypting data at rest, and OpenSSL, to create secure communication channels for UniVerse-based applications.
- UniVerse supports Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM) and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), enabling UniVerse applications to authenticate users through the use of independent authentication modules at runtime.
- UniVerse provides several options for integration into the Microsoft .NET Framework. This flexibility allows you to build and deploy a wide variety of Web-based applications that work seamlessly with .NET. UO.NET for Compact Framework can extend your application to mobile devices.
- UniVerse supports numerous Java-based interfaces as well, including JBDC for standards-based connectivity and our own UniObjects for Java high speed native interface. Leverage powerful Java programming tools including the Eclipse framework to enable powerful, platform-independent solutions.
- Scales from the smallest workgroup to thousands of concurrent users when using symmetric multiprocessor (SMP)-based hardware.
- Provides automatic and dynamic tablespace allocation to fit the size of the data server – providing optimum performance and minimizing disk usage for maximum efficiency
We are a group of professional with more than 12 years experience currently working full time as developer in IBM U2 Universe / PICK Programming for one of the prominent insurance company in Malaysia. For more information on outsourcing some IBM Universe / PICK Programming project, please contact us.